Job Seeker - What is a Traineeship?
Traineeships combine work and training, like apprenticeships, but generally over a shorter period.
Trainees quickly develop practical skills to make a positive contribution to their employer’s productivity.
Traineeships are a workplace based training program.
As a trainee with HGT you can gain a:
- Certificate II Hospitality (SIT20316) full time 9 months
- Certificate III Hospitality (SIT30616) full time 24 months,
- Certificate IV Hospitality (SIT40416) full time 24 months
The nominal term for part-time apprenticeship and traineeships, including school-based, are established at a ratio of 1:1.5 of the nominal full-time term unless otherwise specified and published on the list of Prescribed Vocational Education and Training qualifications.
Traineeships available with HGT
- Food Service - preparing tables, taking orders, serving food
- Beverage Service - taking orders, handling and serving beverages
- Kitchen Service - preparing food and basic cooking
School Based Traineeships
- Food Service
- Beverage Service
- Kitchen Service
School-Based Traineeships are a fantastic way for you to gain valuable work and life experiences, earn money and a formal qualification, all whilst completing your high school education. You will attend work 1 day per week and school 4 days a week with on the job training.
An apprenticeship or traineeship is a great way of building up knowledge and skills, gaining nationally recognised qualifications and you will earn while you learn.
To lodge an online application for a Traineeship or a School Based Traineeeship please click here
Please remember to have your resume ready to upload in one of the following file formats - pdf .doc .docx .rtf .txt